Hello guys are you looking to change the width of content area of your wordpress theme then you are lucky because today i show you to easy way to customize the width of your content area of any wordpress theme by using theme editor.
Theme editor is the easiest and simple to customize or change the width of your content area or main content box.
What Is Theme Editor In WordPress
Theme editor is basically a collection of php file or a collection of code that help to run your wordpress site. Theme editor contains many PHP file of your theme. It is just a collection of coding of your wordpress theme.
Why we change or customize the content area of wordpress theme.
One question is arises that what need to change the only content area ?
The answer is simple because some wordpress theme have small content area and contain lower amount of words on a single line or some wordpress theme have larger content area that cover large number of words on a single line which makes website look bad or non-user friendly so , owner of the website or editors want to increase or decrease the content area according to their needs so we want to change the width of content area or box
Now come to the point and we try to know that how to change or customize the width of your content area of your wordpress theme. Before stating my tutorial you must follow my steps carefully. so let’s stats.
How To Change The Width of content Area In WordPress Theme
- Steps 1. Log in your wordpess admin panel of the website which you want to customize the content area.
- Steps 2. Now you see Theme Appearance on the left side of wordpress admin panel. Move your cursor on Theme Appearance option.
- Steps 3. Now you see may option on it click on Theme Editor Option.
- Steps 4. Well Done now you are in theme editor section. you will able to see many php file on the ride side of the theme editor section.
- Steps 5. Click on Stylesheet option or style.css
- Steps 6. Now search container box like below image
- Steps 7. Now you find a code like this. Just replace the number 1125px. according to your need. it many to different of your website.
- Steps 8. After replacing just click on update file button.
Now you have done all steps and now you are able to change the content area of your default theme. i hope you understand my voice. if you any doubt or having error please ask me on comment box i really happy to reply your comment.